Thursday, August 27, 2009

The hunt for basketball shorts....

Not too much going on this week. Just fiddling around. We spent a better part of yesterday cleaning up our place. It looks great... now I just need to finish hanging art work and finish putting up pictures to make it feel a little more homey.

We discovered yesterday that I have somehow misplaced my one and only and favorite basketball shorts Greg gave me. We spent like 30 minutes searching for them last night before we went to bed and then more time today. So.. due to my heartbreak we went on a search for new basketball shorts. We went to Dick's, Target and Wally world. I must have tried on dozens of basketball shorts .... alas, nothing felt quite as good as my last pair but I finally found a pair I could settle for. I know they will work, I just keep hoping my other pair will surface.

Last night and today Greg and I have gotten into a few tiffs ... I think mostly its due to our frustration with searching for work. We have spent quite some time on the net filling out apps and emailing people and then... nothing.. or we get rejected :( Then all that frustration gets taken out on one another :( :( For the first time along our trip I started to really question if we made the right decision to pick up and move. It officially took 4 weeks and 3 days for me to start questioning. Is that a fair amount of time? I mean, I figured those thoughts would cross my mind at some point. It is not surprising. A big part of me feels guilty. If Greg doesn't like it out here I fell as though it would be my fault somehow -- despite the fact that we made the decision together. At the same time I'm having all my doubts, I feel that even though we are a little worried about employment we should try and enjoy the time we have together as we probably won't have an opportunity to have time like this again. I also wish we could enjoy Raleigh more but we are trying to stay on our budget (which is tight) so that can be a hindrance when trying to figure out things to do. Okay... enough of my ramblings.. I have FAITH that it will all work out and the good Lord will put us where we belong!!!

2 comments:

  1. Of course, everything will be fine! No doubt!

    As for your basketball shorts - did you try looking online for the same brand/type?

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll find (good) work, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there my friend! I understand how the tension is hard and I would suggest maybe getting away from one another for like 'an hour' a day...even if you each just go for a walk in different directions. Also, according to my couples therapist it is better to sit and talk instead of just take out feelings on one another...(not that I have a great marraige to prove it works). You are human going through human emotions in a stressful situation. There is nothing wrong with your thoughts/feelings. We love you and are praying for the best jobs for you so you can reduce the stress and really enjoy your life! Call me if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete