Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Snap back to reality

So... we are back from our trip to FL for my cousin's wedding! It was fun to see the family and to see her wedding. The actual trip to FL was much less than fun. It was about 11 hours one way - yikes!! So needless to say it was very long and tiring. The time it took for us to get to Florida was actually longer than any legs of our trip coming across country! But it was worth it of course to see everyone and see my beautiful cousin walk down the aisle. Toward the end of the weekend, Greg and I were getting on each other's nerves a little bit. I'm not sure if it was because we've spent so much time with each other (we haven't left each other's sides now for like 3 weeks) or if it was the heat. We are doing better today now that we are back in Raleigh.

Today we didn't do much. Ran some errands and such. Our POD should be arriving tomorrow- yippee :) We will actually have stuff to sit on and a bed to sleep in! As we were doing our errands today it hit me a little bit that okay.. its now crunch time. The party is over and we seriously need to find employment! Don't get me wrong, we have saved for this move and anticipated it taking time to find jobs but I got a little scared realizing all the money that's gone out and we have nothing coming in :( We will definetly be tightening the belt buckles (as if we weren't doing that already). I have faith -- I know it will work out for us - it has to. However, from time to time I do have pangs of anxiety and concern about what the future holds.

On a happy note, we were able to get outside and go for a walk on one of the "greenway" trails they have out here. It was really nice! We were surrounded by lush, green vegetation and a small creek. I'm glad we found it because in SD I loved to walk around the bay so now I have something comparable to do here :)

I will write again to let everyone know how much stuff got broken in the POD during its transportation to NC!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully nothing broke.
    :)
    You guys will find a job soon, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete