Monday, August 17, 2009

Unpacking.....

So its been almost a week since my last post! A lot has happened... well, sort of. First, we got our POD as scheduled :) So that was exciting. We spent last Wednesday and Thursday unpacking. Phew... I am so glad that is done. It really took a lot out of us considering we unpacked everything - the boxes, couches and dressers all by ourselves! And we carried everything up three flights of stairs. Needless to say.... the rest of the week we were tired and pretty sore. They picked up the POD on Friday. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the experience. Nothing seemed to have broken and pretty much kept in tact.

The last couple of days we've just been unpacking and running to the store to get stuff we need. Some of the rooms in our apt are a little awkwardly shaped causing us to have some issues with rugs and such. But I'm sure we'll work it all out.

Today we went to the DMV to get our new licenses. So when they arrive in 8- 10 days - we will officially be North Carolinians! Craziness.

This past weekend was our first weekend in Raleigh. We honestly didn't do much but unpack and run errands. I think now that we are a little more settled we are ready to be working. I think we are also ready to spend some time apart since we've spent every waking moment together over the last three weeks. I am glad to have our stuff and to finally be able to feel more like we are actually home.

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything made it there in one piece and that you guys are unpacked and starting your new lives in Raleigh. R and I moved ourselves into our first apartment together and it was flat awful, so I feel your pain. Glad it's done! Now we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, glad y'all are all settled and almost back as oficial Carolina residents!! If you ever need a little time apart let me know, Columbia is just a few short hours away and you are welcome anytime!! Love y'all!

    Hartley

    ReplyDelete