Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our New Place

Yesterday we received the keys to our new place!! When we walked into our new apartment we discovered its smaller than we remembered. I am actually questioning how the heck we are going to fit in all our living room furniture... but I'm sure we will figure it out. One plus size is all the closet/storage space. There's actually more storage than I remember so I guess our new place is a little give and take. We only signed a 10 month lease so if we hate it.. we can always leave pretty soon. Another positive about our place- we are only sharing one wall with our neighbors so that's good.

We have kind of putzed around town yesterday and today -- library, DMV, grocery store -- nothing too crazy. Tomorrow we are actually leaving to go to my cousin's wedding in Florida so I probably won't be blogging until next week! I am actually excited to see my family and Greg and I can have some social interaction other than each other! Its been quiet at our new place since we have no TV and no furniture. The POD isn't scheduled to arrive until after our trip to FL. So its still paper plates, aero bed and beach chairs as our main staples in life! It still feels as though our life is a little chaotic and we are really not in reality. I'm sure it will help when we get settled next week :)

I thank everyone for all the emails/texts/comments welcoming us to the east coast. I can't wait to see the familiar faces and feel more like this is our home.

1 comment:

  1. This is a huge change. Reality wouldn't set in for me yet, either, but you'll adjust quickly. Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete