Thursday, October 8, 2009

Learning to Disc Golf

Alright.... so the good news is Greg got two job offers!!! He accepted one and is scheduled to start work on Nov. 2nd if all goes well with the background check and all. Yippee!!! I have had a few interviews and two different places. However, both places have stated it might be a while before I hear anything so the great wait continues. I'm super glad things are picking up though - I really didn't want to spend Thanksgiving in a cardboard box because we didn't have any money!!

So... we are still figuring out things in Raleigh and trying to figure out how to pass the time (cheaply, that is!). So... one way we did that was disc golf. I have never disc golfed in my life so needless to say I won't be joining any championship series just yet. Greg of course is excellent and is a very patient teacher so we had fun last week out at the course. Over the weekend, we cleaned and I decorated for Halloween (yippee!). I've been in good spirits since fall has started to come around. I love seeing the leaves change, the weather get just a little cooler and Halloween scenes everywhere. I'm also glad that Greg gets to experience it too since in San Diego, things really didn't change much during the fall.

One bad note... on Saturday I started to have some chest pains and when I tried to pick something up it got very painful for me. I waited it out of course but Tuesday we went to urgent care. The Doc said he thought I strained my chest wall (probably from being a crazy person on the disc golf course). He stated I should feel better in 3-5 days. However, as of yet... there has been no improvement. Lets hope this weekend I start to fell better or back to the doctor I go! I really can't go on with this pain and not being able to pick things up or bend over. So lets keep the healthy thoughts flowing my way.

Overall, lately I feel Greg and I have been in more cheerful mood ... could be the weather but more likely its the good news of the jobs... its definitely starting to look up. Which takes a lot of pressure off of us allowing us to enjoy our time together rather than stress out. Hope everyone out there is doing good :) Thanks for the payers and well wishes :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear Greg got a job! Yay! What will he be doing? Having the secure feeling of knowing you have a job really eases the tension, that's for sure. I'm sure one will come your way, soon!
    Sorry to hear about the chest pain. Be sure to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete