Thursday, October 22, 2009

ER Visits and Fried Fair Food!!




Hello Hello. I know its been a while since my last post. A lot has occurred!! Where do I start?

On 10/13/09... I went to the ER because my chest pains still hadn't gone away. 3 hours, a few tests and over $1000 later... the doctor basically confirmed what the urgent care doctor had told me... I strained the cartilage in my chest wall. Oh joy :) he gave me some stronger anti -inflammatory drugs and stated it could be 3 or 4 weeks before I'm healed! 3 or 4 weeks... seriously? Bleh....

Last weekend we took a trip to SC to see friends. We went to the SC fair which was fun.. tried the chocolate covered bacon... DISGUSTING. Greg's thought process was "chocolate is good, bacon is great.. why wouldn't it work together?" So in theory I understand where this crazy concoction arose from.... however, the reality of the chocolate covered bacon is foul. I would not recommend it to anyone!

Tuesday Greg signed paperwork for his job so it is now official: he starts Nov. 2nd! Yippee. I'm waiting to hear back from the place I really want to work at but the amount of time that has passed makes me painfully aware that I probably did not get the job :( Which of course depresses me and makes me upset. I really hate looking for work. The looking, the waiting, the interviews. More waiting.... the whole process sucks. I realize that I brought this on myself by moving without having a job secured first which of course just makes me feel even worse. I don't know how long we can go without two incomes. Greg's job will obviously take a huge burden off. I just hope that I can get work soon so that we will still have some sort of savings and prevent ourselves from going into massive debt (although $1000 ER bills don't help - price you pay for no insurance)!

Yesterday Greg and I went to the NC Fair ( I know, two fairs in less than a week - I'm shocked my stomach could handle all the terrible deliciousness). It was awesome. I hate to say it but... way better than the SC Fair! It was much larger and the food options were abundant. I had corn nuggets, corn dog, philly cheesteak, fried cheese nuggets, chocolate covered banana, fried cookie dough and took some kettle corn home :) :) We saw HUGE produce (see pics above)- yes the watermelon is 211 lbs!!!). We saw pig races (and goat and geese races) and rode some rides! Needless to say it was a nice distraction from the job drama.

Tonight we are going to the UNC vs. FSU game (GO NOLES!). I'm excited Greg gets to experience college football the way its meant to be experienced (sorry, san diego state, you do not tailgate the way big teams do in the south!).

Next week we are going to try and get into the Halloween spirit by going out to a pumpkin patch and watch scary movies!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Corn Nuggets! Um, the SC fair is awful. I quit going many years ago. What a waste of time and money!
    Keep your spirits up about the job hunt. It's tough, but employers often take their sweet time before they offer someone the job. Just keep looking! It will work out for you.

    Sorry to hear about your chest. Hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete